Club VST
Club VST
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Recording Software
 Nebula Plug-In By Acustica Audio
 Mixing a Rock band using Nebula (need help)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

enriquesilveti
Starting Member

Spain
6 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2009 :  05:35:36  Show Profile  Visit enriquesilveti's Homepage Send enriquesilveti a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone. I start mixing a project from a guitar player and I want to do it ITB using Nebula with CDSM, N-P and AITB libraries. All tracking and overdubs were performed and recorded by the guitarist. Drums were done using BFD and electric bass is from someone bass amp simulator. Guitars are from line6 toneport and vocal and chorus were recorded in a old house. I know how to mix, EQ and compress audio signal but my client want a some 70 or 80 rock sound. Could some one recommend me some audio chains for get the right analog rock sound style?

Saludos Enrique

Edited by - enriquesilveti on 04/21/2009 05:36:22

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

Entrainer
Starting Member

11 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2009 :  21:22:31  Show Profile Send Entrainer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Big difference between 70s and 80s rock...

RAS Low EQ (Console + Tape), API and Neve EQ were the heavy hitters then. Tape Delay for 70s... maybe Lexicon 224, 300 for 80s. Spring and EMT Plate reverb.

Do you have a budget? Some Steven Slate Drums 3.0 and drum replacement might do the trick... get you 1/2 there.

UAD 33609 w/ CdSoundMasters 33609 Drive, 1176LN, Roland Space Echo + RE501 Spring (N-P), Cooper Delay
Go to Top of Page

clubvst
Forum Admin

USA
169 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2009 :  09:10:13  Show Profile  Visit clubvst's Homepage Send clubvst a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Awesome recommendations!
Also with BFD, I do stem setions by soloing kick, snare, tom group, cymbal group, OH, and room- each on their own track. You can make a drum bus for these with RetroMid eq to Group_Bus with your choice drum comps on individual drums and 33609 + 2dB brickwall limit and get very authentic 70's track to tape sound, going slightly heavier on everything on OH and room.
Go wide on rhythm guitars wRetro_Mid. Use Line6 Gearbox/POD chorus at 40% to widen guitars.

You must be logged in to see this link.
Software, Mastering, Tutorials
Go to Top of Page

enriquesilveti
Starting Member

Spain
6 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2009 :  13:52:51  Show Profile  Visit enriquesilveti's Homepage Send enriquesilveti a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Big difference between 70s and 80s rock...

RAS Low EQ (Console + Tape), API and Neve EQ were the heavy hitters then. Tape Delay for 70s... maybe Lexicon 224, 300 for 80s. Spring and EMT Plate reverb.

RE: Thanks!

quote:
Do you have a budget? Some Steven Slate Drums 3.0 and drum replacement might do the trick... get you 1/2 there.

RE: No budget is a DEMO.

quote:
UAD 33609 w/ CdSoundMasters 33609 Drive, 1176LN, Roland Space Echo + RE501 Spring (N-P), Cooper Delay

RE: NO UAD here! Thanks!

Saludos Enrique

NEBULA | The first FX sampler | V.V.K.T. inside | You must be logged in to see this link.
Go to Top of Page

enriquesilveti
Starting Member

Spain
6 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2009 :  16:19:20  Show Profile  Visit enriquesilveti's Homepage Send enriquesilveti a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Also with BFD, I do stem setions by soloing kick, snare, tom group, cymbal group, OH, and room- each on their own track.

RE: Done, drums are 11 tracks and is OK for me but I don't like snare sound to much.

quote:
You can make a drum bus for these with RetroMid eq to Group_Bus

RE: Great!

quote:
with your choice drum comps on individual drums and 33609 + 2dB brickwall limit and get very authentic 70's track to tape sound, going slightly heavier on everything on OH and room.

RE: 33609 from UAD or CDSM? Which Nebula emulation for tape sound?

quote:
Go wide on rhythm guitars wRetro_Mid. Use Line6 Gearbox/POD chorus at 40% to widen guitars.

RE: Great! I split GTRS into GTR Track (mono) + GTR FX (stereo)

Saludos Enrique

NEBULA | The first FX sampler | V.V.K.T. inside | You must be logged in to see this link.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Club VST © 2008-2016 CDSoundMaster.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.44 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2