Club VST
Club VST
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Recording Software
 CDSoundMaster Virtual Instruments/Samples
 New Sample Song Audio Samples
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic   

clubvst
Forum Admin

USA
169 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2009 :  23:18:16  Show Profile  Visit clubvst's Homepage Send clubvst a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone,

I had an idea that it could be interesting and fun to create a new simple song structure to use as an audio sample of what Nebula is capable of.

I created a simple drum part using BFD drums. The snare, kick, and hi hat/cymbals are separated into 3 separate tracks. There is a bass guitar track as well.

I set up a very basic flat, unedited mix to begin with.

From there, I decided to do a very simple mix using only elements available in my libraries.

The Producer's Pack version of the mix incorporates isolating the kick and snare with their own eq's and compression settings using only the program presets in The Producer's pack. EQ is also applied to the hi hat and cymbals and bass separately. Levels are set to give the best balance between tracks without any further eq'ing or limiting or any mastering process. I decided to use moderate amounts of tape effect here as well, as I felt it gave each track its own personal natural character. This leaves us still with a pretty raw sounding mix, but it does show what I think sounds like a first stage of a punchy, tight, more defined mix and it highlights some of the things that makes these programs useful.

With the Retro audio sample, I followed the same process as above. I used multiple eq's for each track and combinations of different compressors and tape settings all within the Retro collection. No other limiting or eq'ing or mastering was done.

With the third audio example, I decided to use the same levels as the original 'dry' unaffected, unprocessed session, and add a few instances of programs from the Vintage Tube Collection to add character and harmonics to each individual track. The song was rendered with just these tube programs and no eq or limiting or processing of any kind. Then, I went through and did some subtle mastering using the Mastering Suite and nothing else. I reduced a few very narrow band frequencies, and brought the low end down a little bit to keep it from getting muddy, and used a wide high bell eq to bring the mix together a little bit more.

Again, all of these audio samples are just fun examples that show how wide a range of results one can get from the different libraries, and how truly analog Nebula is able to replicate the sonic results. None of these are considered final mixes or should be seen as an ideal way to mix the session you are hearing. This is strictly to make it very audible what the personality of the programs can reproduce.

Dry Mix:
You must be logged in to see this link.

This is the raw tracks loaded in a session with levels set to make it easy to hear each part. No processing of any sort.

The Producer's Pack:

Each track received processing from a few programs in the Producer's Pack collection. Emphasis was on making individual tracks stand out, giving low end punch and definition to the bass, and making the drums sound a little more modern, less muddy, and more punchy. This is not a final mix, and no processing has been done to the overall mix or groups of tracks together. This is literally a small example of what this collection can do!

The Retro Analog Studio Suite:

Following the same procedure as before, I wanted to try to make the drums sound like they were cut to tape with eq and compression and make the bass sound punchy and solo'd. This only has track processing, and no group bussing together and no extra mix effects etc.

The Vintage Tube Collection + Mastering Suite:

As with the above, I added several programs to individual tracks. For this sample I only added tube programs to the tracks to warm things up and give a little dimension to the original dry mix. Individual tracks didn't receive any eq or further editing.
Then, I loaded the tube-rendered mix up in a 2 track editor and used the Mastering Suite eq's to give some separation to instruments, remove some muddiness, and brighten things up a little bit. Again, this is not a final mix nor is it a finished mastering. It is a sample to allow the personality of the programs of these collections to be heard in different variations on the same program material.

Thanks for listening! I hope you find this enjoyable, and as always I do this to help fuel some inspiration out there and give some ideas of how to get some analog dimension into your recordings.

Thanks for reading and listening!

Michael

Software, Mastering, Tutorials

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

prosodio
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2009 :  09:35:37  Show Profile Send prosodio a Private Message  Reply with Quote
HI Mangel!!! My first post here!!! what can I say? You know I own all your libraries, this is a dream come true for everybody. This examples show very well what your libraries are capable of. I like tubes+mastering and retro the most(Im talking about this examples, producers pack is great too, what a tapes it has!!!!) . Could you please, elaborate what presets from retrolibrary did you use? I very pleased with the results, that bass and kick sound amazing!!!!!!

Greetings, and waiting for your new releases.

Jose

Go to Top of Page

himhui
Starting Member

Hong Kong
13 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2009 :  03:25:57  Show Profile Send himhui a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nice!!
I have confidence with the team of Nebula Group!! I also appreciate that Mike is patient to share his experiences with us!
Go to Top of Page

clubvst
Forum Admin

USA
169 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2009 :  20:25:47  Show Profile  Visit clubvst's Homepage Send clubvst a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Jose!
From Retro I used a combination of boost's and cut's from the RetroMid and Silver73 eq's. I didn't mark anything down so I can't say which comps I ended up with!!! This was a very unscientific process where the only criteria were to use the same tracks from the same session, and each version could use the library in question and nothing else extra.

Hi Himhui! Thank you for your kind words also!!!

Software, Mastering, Tutorials
Go to Top of Page

vidareal777
Starting Member

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2010 :  12:43:10  Show Profile  Send vidareal777 an AOL message  Send vidareal777 an ICQ Message  Click to see vidareal777's MSN Messenger address  Send vidareal777 a Yahoo! Message Send vidareal777 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
im new thanks for every thing
Go to Top of Page

piperboy
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2011 :  08:01:55  Show Profile Send piperboy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nothing short of amazing... I LOVE your products!
Go to Top of Page
   Topic   
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Club VST © 2008-2016 CDSoundMaster.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2