Club VST
Club VST
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Recording Software
 All Other VST Plug-Ins
 abbeyroadplugins
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

babiuk
Starting Member

Spain
15 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2009 :  17:49:47  Show Profile Send babiuk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone there,

What do you think about the Abbeyroad plugins?

I tried the comp/lim and I liked a lot, when I pushed it hard it really sounded great, I tried it with a rickenbacker bass in a hard setting and it sounded very McCartney to me, maybe itīs just suggestion (cos when youīre with something related to EMI you just can have George Martin in mind instintivelly) but I enjoied it a lot.

Have you tried them?

Iīd like to try the Brilliance Pack and the Mastering wich are supossed to be very close to the TG board. I have very special interest in the EQ boxes. Will they sound really near like the 2 first LPs of the Beatles?

As always I think that NEbula is light years ahead the rest of plugs and maybe if one day Abbey Road allows Michael sampling the TG and all the golden gear there the results would be the best of the best

But anyway my experience with the comp/lim was very very good.

Please let a lines if you know about this plugins

Thanks

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

Entrainer
Starting Member

11 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2009 :  00:58:36  Show Profile Send Entrainer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Developed by Softtube. They do good stuff. Everyone raves about their products like CL 1B (Powercore), these Abbey Roads, and their new FET (1176) comp. I've got UAD 1176, so I didn't bother demoing it. To expensive if it's only %5 better.

I demo'd the Air/Presence EQ, Comp, EQ. Wasn't my taste. Haven't tried the hardware though... perhaps that wouldn't be my taste either.

Go to Top of Page

Entrainer
Starting Member

11 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2009 :  09:44:28  Show Profile Send Entrainer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I guess only the presence filter was done by Softtube.

The knee on DSP comps is what bothers me. The grab action.
Go to Top of Page

babiuk
Starting Member

Spain
15 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2009 :  06:25:56  Show Profile Send babiuk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, I did enjoied the comp/lim of abbeyroad (the TG1234 if I remenber well), never tried the DSPīs you talk about.
Maybe itīs not the best of the world but I found it very easy in order to get the ultracompressed sound of the McCartney bass(things like Rubber SOul) or even the ultramegasupercompressed characteristic drums sound you can find in the british "freakbeat" bands at the end of the 60s wich recorded in abbey road, the home of the comps this plug tries to emulate.
I just do 60s music so thatīs why I donīt find a bad side in this plugin, it can recreate this specific sound with enough reliability for me, at least I can get it fast and easy.
I donīt know how the real gear sounds in non 60s music so I cannot judge it in this land.
Go to Top of Page

Entrainer
Starting Member

11 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2009 :  10:48:05  Show Profile Send Entrainer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
60s music? Nice. All recorded live or partially programmed?

I LOVE the Fab Four library from East West Quantum Leap. You may like it for the drums alone.
Go to Top of Page

babiuk
Starting Member

Spain
15 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2009 :  15:30:07  Show Profile Send babiuk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I sadly cannot record live everything, I just have a little home studio and the live recording drums are not an available thing for me actually.
I usually do it with vsti: ezdrummer mostly and so... (well, at least with the vintage kits!:))
I do the best I can and sometimes the results makes me very happy. Nebula has been a revolution for me in that aspect. I always have in mind to build a little "wall of sound" at home, itīs a long time project, made with a lot of speakers playing one instrument each one previously recorded and worked, using my biggest home room and placing things very accurrately, in order to recreate a "virtual" orchestra and recording this "live" sound with a few mics and using an artificial(but with similar way of working) echo chamber. Itīs a very hard project but itīs something Iīm planning years ago and it involves a lot of things: a high number of speakers (think every instrument will sound through a speaker and the arrangements for the songs Iīll record includes many guitars, many basses, many drums&perc, strings,winds...), a high number of audio outputs in the audio interface, a lot of CPU, and so on... with no much money thatīs a lifeīs project! :)

I didnīt tried the fab four but I listened to the audio demos and I like very very much the sampled mellotrons and organs, I founded them very usefull things (not so the guitars & bass, wich sound very Karaoke, as usual in the world of virtual guitars). About the drums of this VSTi itīs something Iīd love to try cos I really donīt know if you can use the samples like in the rest of VSTi's(a wonder if so, cos the samples of these drumkits must be gold!) or itīs just a collection of loops (a pity in this case).

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Club VST © 2008-2016 CDSoundMaster.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2