Club VST
Club VST
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 THE NAT Forum !!!
 All Things NAT
 Sessions and Templates
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Forum Admin

169 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2010 :  19:57:07  Show Profile  Visit clubvst's Homepage Send clubvst a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sessions and Templates:

NAT uses formatted program files to tell it what all is going to take place in a sampling session.
One helpful thing to learn about NAT is that there is a difference between the template and the session template. I may have the language wrong as I'm doing this from memory (NAT is in the studio, I am upstairs online).
The regular NAT template is a category fill-out form that says to NAT: you are going to be making a program for Nebula that uses stone sampling, 3 kernels of distortion, and various dirac and other variables. The purpose of the template is to make something that comes out correctly in Nebula. What it won't do is open as a session all its own. That is what I call a session template.
The session template is a file that has everything from your program name, to w window loaded including the NAT template, along with any specific isntruction changes you've made. Let's say you opened a sample program template that states you will repeat sampling 3 times, 45 seconds, long, and 30 repetitions. But, you want to test things with only 3 volume changes or only 20 seconds long, etc. Make a change, call it something different, and save it as a new session template. Then, if things go well, you can name the progress until you get a final program worth working with.

You must be logged in to see this link.
Software, Mastering, Tutorials
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Club VST © 2008-2016 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2