Club VST
Club VST
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 THE NAT Forum !!!
 All Things NAT
 NAT and community use
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

clubvst
Forum Admin

USA
169 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2010 :  20:02:29  Show Profile  Visit clubvst's Homepage Send clubvst a Private Message  Reply with Quote
NAT and its use as a Nebula Pro development tool.

Yes, there has always been an intention to allow the use of NAT for users of Nebula to have access to.
It was created to allow BETA TESTERS an easier way to test Nebula and to create programs that fully make use of the Nebula engine. For those who first began working with Giancarlo, there was no NAT at all. So they literally had to learn how to use Nebula line by line, doing their own sampling and turning in results. NAT was created to help automate the process in order to test the results of VVKT.
Why anyone would feel that this entitles every single customer complete and total access to the entire inner-workings and full functionality of this process- I'm not quite sure.
Yes, NAT is included as part of the purchase of Nebula Pro. Consider it an added blessing, a bonus to having the awesome programs provided for your use. You are allowed to create programs for your own use as well! Isn't that an incredible thing!?! And, those of us who have been at this have provided the testing, loop-test, tweaking, and hands on editing to help users make working programs as well.
But, we are still trying to do something that is our actual business and livelihood. Personally, there are things that I agree with.
Does it make sense to give NAT to the customer along with the program engine, and then not explain the complexities? I think NAT would make sense in a simpler form with fewer options, easier menus, and in a form easier to digest.
Perhaps a good example would be if I bought a car and got a service manual along with it. If it were diagramed and worded like an internal code just for mechanics to know how to get around, I might be annoyed. But in the end, if there is something seriously wrong, they studied a lot and know how to fine-tune a lot better than I would even with a better service manual. In addition, I bought this to use a car and drive, not to learn how to build one myself.

You must be logged in to see this link.
Software, Mastering, Tutorials

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

clubvst
Forum Admin

USA
169 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2010 :  20:03:39  Show Profile  Visit clubvst's Homepage Send clubvst a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The way that it is intended:
OK, back to something that seems to be coming up a bit.
Nebula has always had the purpose of making things affordable. It has never been about making everyone's hard work free.
Plenty of time and resource has been, is being, and will continue to be donated to working with, writing copy for, editing, testing, and investing in Nebula's growth. Everyone that has been involved feels a deep sense of involvement and dedication. Giancarlo is a pretty amazing, smart, kind, and generous person. These are good qualities in a leader that inspire wanting to reach for excellence. The goal for any program or library, free or commercial, at the end of the day, should always be to serve its usability, its function where it belongs, and to continue the user base for Nebula. More users, more word gets out. Anyone that stays around long enough appreciates its excellence in sound.

You must be logged in to see this link.
Software, Mastering, Tutorials
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Club VST © 2008-2016 CDSoundMaster.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2