Club VST
Club VST
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 THE NAT Forum !!!
 All Things NAT
 Fine-Tuning
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

clubvst
Forum Admin

USA
169 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2010 :  20:04:50  Show Profile  Visit clubvst's Homepage Send clubvst a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Fine-Tuning.

Well, some things that have come up a lot in NAT sampling have been simplified down in their form.

In the quest for some that want to be new developers, there is a desire to know the mysterious inner-workings, so to speak, of fine-tuning. I feel led back to the auto-mechanic, who's job isn't to teach you everything he is getting paid to do. But, then there is that really nice one that really explains everything to the customer that needed to be fixed and why it needs fixing.

In helping to teach tech-shop, I think it is fair to say most of the questions have been covered a few times at length in different forums and threads. As we all know, give any topic long enough and it becomes a new topic aka hijacking.

I am answering things here because it can be used as a tool by being in a single location. If I think someone else is better to answer a question I'll ask them to give it.

Will every mystery be revealed? No.
I had to learn a ton of this on my own and the other developers did as well. We all have passed some aspects of what we've learned on as well. But, I actually do want to succeed at supplying programs and it is an intensively time consuming process. Yes, I've said it before and will do so again I'm sure.

What I am going to do is use this as an opportunity to teach some things along the way that are misconceptions about music, sound, recording, analysis, and much more!

Hey, if you want to know fine-tuning you have to know something about the science behind it. I'm a reasonably smart person. Giancarlo is a definite genius. We've both scratched our heads over some things for more than a couple of weeks in the past. The comment is 'tell me everything about fine tuning'. I've learned that a LOT of things that we've taken for granted as science are a little over-simplified when applied. That is exciting! That is what happens in fine-tuning and editing and problem solving. It happens one sample at a time, a thousand times over.

At the end of the day, Einstein told us E=MC2. There are theorists that can explain all of the steps in between. Some might get lucky taking E's word for it. In this case, I have learned a few things about sound that I'm thankful to know. I've learned things that are helpful for my mastering work. I've learned a list of things that can be road-blocks in recording hardware.

My goal is to teach things that I think people should know if they are serious about wanting to make good programs, and to help avoid some of the pitfalls. Just be ready to hear a lot about theory and why it is the entire game.

You must be logged in to see this link.
Software, Mastering, Tutorials
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Club VST © 2008-2016 CDSoundMaster.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2