Club VST
Club VST
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 CDSoundMaster Software Support
 VTM-M2 Support & Info.
 Tech update
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

clubvst
Forum Admin

USA
169 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2011 :  01:07:41  Show Profile  Visit clubvst's Homepage Send clubvst a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So, in response to the following report from another forum:

"This is just one story.

We just ran this on Samplitude for about 20 min. Our room has Adam nearfields and Griffin mains. When level matched we heard no audible differences when the VTMM2 was on the master or off. Used it on high. Hard to explain but the transients didn't get rounded like tape does. It seems like the initial middle attack of the transient stays untouched.

Also the output can distort quite easily. Thought that would be the area where we can add some pleasant distortion/saturation but there is no limiter/clipper to simulate analog tape being pushed.

I'm sure someone will pull out daw analyzers but I can only go by the ears over here.

Samp 11 hung up on closing too. I will still try RTAS version on HD when one becomes available to compare with phoenix & heat."

Well, we aren't pushing towards rtas. We are currently working from 32 bit to x64 and we will see where we go from there. I'd be honored to go 'head to head' -lol with Phoenix, as it is known for what it does well. Still, it is mostly in the combo of the excellent converters combined with saturated harmonics that it truly shines.

VTM-M2 is a different item all together. It is an extremely complex system of processes. It is not a single compressor, a single limiter, or a linear saturating device.

There is definitely something not working right if a pair of Adams and Griffins are not clearly and audibly reproducing the extremely analog results even at low to moderate input levels.

I have to believe that either installation did not correctly succeed in Samplitude (demo started/activated? Win 7 run as admin. or possibly just using in/out differently than for best results?).

If the plug-in was scanned correctly in Samplitude and running, then there is not a single setting in which the VTM-M2 does not perform tape-based action all the time.

When increasing the drive, limiting, compressing characteristics, this is achieved by increasing the input signal, so as to reflect increasing the input hitting the tape harder. The output level is not there to suppose the increased affect of hitting output transformers. The output is a digital level correction setting, so that as the input is increased, the level can be reduced at output.

There has not been any crash incident reported anywhere other than a single instance of Samplitude. We have had several other successful installs and tests in Samplitude. My guess is that the error is connected with the potential that the installer or eLicenser was activated while the host was open or during the opening of. The other possibility is that a Windows host level UAC was preventing proper install, and another potential is incorrect use in the x64 folder if not installed in the x86 folder of an x64 system.

Regardless of what steps led to a less than perfect first run, I'd like to help turn this around into a 'I've GOTTA have this plug-in' scenario.

I know what disappointing tape plug-ins sound like, and I feel very strongly that this is not one of them.

This has been compared to every real tape machine involved in the R2R process, along with others not included in R2R.

The most common attributed of all of these machines are taken into consideration and a part of the VTM-M2 sound.

Please do us a favor and spend more than 20 minutes and listen to the long audio sample page. Truly, I think if you are willing to do so and follow the process from subtle to heavy use, and especially combined use with R2R and TB+, I truly hope it will spark the desire to test drive some more.

Hopefully this topic will resolve any issues in that specific situation. Let's make those speakers smile!

You must be logged in to see this link.
Software, Mastering, Tutorials
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Club VST © 2008-2016 CDSoundMaster.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2